Rittlings’ sheepskin dressage saddle pads are made of the highest quality sheepskin. Sheepskin is a superior material for saddle pads, because of it’s natural ability to breathe, absorb shock and wick moisture. This means that your horse will remain comfortable even during strenuous rides, due to the unique abilities of sheepskin:
- airflow and breathability of the material means your horse stays fresh and cool longer
- shock absorption means less impact on your horses back and legs
- moisture wicking – means that when your horse sweats, the saddle pad remains relatively dry, which in turn protects your saddle, as well as dramatically reducing the build up of mold or bacteria buildup
Not only are these pads better for your horse and your riding experience, they also last much longer and are easy to care for. Our saddle-pads are machine washable, although they won’t require washing nearly as often as cotton or polyester saddle pads. The trick lies in air drying them slowly (not in the sun) and using the right detergent. Each of our Sheepskin Saddle Pads ships with a 50ml bottle of special sheepskin detergent.
Although sheepskin may initially be more expensive, we have chosen to produce our saddle pads from this superior material, because we believe that it will improve the quality of your ride, increase your riding success and enjoyment, be better for you and your horse. It will be a rewarding and worthwhile investment.
We currently have only black pads in stock, available as full pads (square) and half pads.
- pure natural, top quality sheepskin
- full pads are half-lined
- black style and square shape are ideal for dressage
- ships with free bottle of Rittlings Shampoo (specially formulated sheepskin)